February 13, 2020
Valentine's Day Recipe: Heart-shaped plant-based butter cookies
To celebrate Valentine's Day I like to do something special for the little Valentine's in my life - our daughters Willow and Olive.
This year I thought it would be fun to make Plant-based butter cookies together, as the girls love decorating sweet treats.
We are looking forward to enjoying these together for morning tea on February 14.
Willow wears Sophia swimsuit in Blossom, $69, and Olive wears Harper in Rainbows, $65.
Plant-based butter cookies recipe
- 200g dairy-free butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 ¼ plain flour (a little extra if flour is too wet)
- 100g dairy-free butter
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp dairy-free milk
- Topping/decorations of choice. We like to use coloured sugar sprinkles and vegan smarties.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla paste together.
- Mix in the flour, forming a soft dough. Form into a ball, set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C fan and line baking trays with baking paper.
- When the dough is chilled and slightly firm, roll into 1cm thick and cut into preferred shape.
- Place onto the baking trays and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- To decorate: Once cooled, ice and decorate as you wish, choosing colours and treats of your choice.
- Set in fridge for 10 minutes before serving.
Willow wears Sophia swimsuit in Blossom, $69, and Lulu glasses in Blush, $24.