To celebrate Valentine's Day I like to do something special for the little Valentine's in my life - our daughters Willow and Olive.
This year I thought it would be fun to make Plant-based butter cookies together, as the girls love decorating sweet treats.
We are looking forward to enjoying these together for morning tea on February 14.
Plant-based butter cookies recipe
- 200g dairy-free butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 ¼ plain flour (a little extra if flour is too wet)
- 100g dairy-free butter
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp dairy-free milk
- Topping/decorations of choice. We like to use coloured sugar sprinkles and vegan smarties.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla paste together.
- Mix in the flour, forming a soft dough. Form into a ball, set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C fan and line baking trays with baking paper.
- When the dough is chilled and slightly firm, roll into 1cm thick and cut into preferred shape.
- Place onto the baking trays and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- To decorate: Once cooled, ice and decorate as you wish, choosing colours and treats of your choice.
- Set in fridge for 10 minutes before serving.