With the warmer days upon us, we love nothing more than spending time outdoors, either at the beach or by the pool in the back garden.
A summer’s day wouldn't be complete without an ice-cream. And this plant-based vanilla ice-cream recipe is a favourite.
You will need:
- Ice-cream maker or high-speed blender (I use a food processor)
- 2 cups almond milk, or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice, or an allergy-friendly substitute
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 1/2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 1 packet of cones
- Topping of choice, sprinkles, nuts, lollies or vegan candy coated choc buttons
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- If you’re using an ice-cream maker, pour the mixture in and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions for your specific machine. If you’re using a high-speed blender, pour the mixture into ice-cube trays and freeze, then blend the frozen cubes until smooth, scrap the sides when needed.
- For a firmer texture, freeze the mixture for one hour.
- Serve in a cone of choice, we use vegan cones.
- Let the children have fun decorating their ice-cream with a mixture of toppings.