May 08, 2023
A special Mother's Day brunch
Mother’s Day is all about making mum feel relaxed, special and most of all appreciated. Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and it is time to show your appreciation for all the mothers in our lives. Keeping in mind what makes mum happy is the key to a successful Mother’s Day celebration. So whether it means breakfast in bed, having the kids tidy up their room, dad taking out the bins or a pampering experience followed by a special meal, Mother’s Day is unique to each family
For me, this year our Mother’s Day looks something like this: a slow morning in bed with a coffee and cuddles, followed by a yummy brunch and family time. And lastly, a relaxing afternoon in the garden watching the children play.
Now that Autumn has arrived, we have the perfect reason to have a cosy celebration that begins under the blankets in bed.
Having a cosy and relaxing brunch with loved ones is all we need. Whether hosted by a beautiful venue or at home by loved ones, sometimes it is the simple things that mean the most to us mothers. Roll out your favourite picnic rug (or oversized blanket), get out the posh cheese knives and style a cheese board with all of the yummy treats you love and remember to make it pretty.
A cute way to get the kids involved this year (and to help dad with the planning), is by getting their input on the food. Get the kids to plan the menu asking mum to list her favourite foods to enjoy at a brunch. And if you need a little guidance for the ultimate brunch spread, here are a few must-haves you need to include.
The Shopping List:
- Fresh Sourdough
- Spreads -cream cheese, -ricotta, -honey, & butter
- Bacon or Mushrooms
- Roma tomatoes for baking
- Eggs or Salmon
HOMEMADE MOTHER'S DAY CRAFT ACTIVITY
For a fun activity to do with the kids ahead of Mother's Day, print out these and make the mothers in your life some homemade craft.
link for Mother's Day card and 'tea craft':
OTHER MOTHER’S DAY DIY GIFT IDEAS
Simple Simply Delicious Eggless Brownies
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (I use almond milk)
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, white or a mix)
How to make simple brownies
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients; Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes. This allows it to curdle.
- Melt butter on stove.
- Add sugars to the butter and mix well to incorporate.
- Add milk mixture, mixing well.
- Add cocoa powder and vanilla, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix well.
- Add choc chips, mix.
- Pour into baking pan and if desired add a more chocolate chips to the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top begins to crack. Add good test is to softly move the pan noticing if the centre is slightly firm and does not wiggle.
12. Once cooled cut into desired sized pieces.
Happy Mother's Day xo